Sunday, February 10, 2013

What is our status?

I know that we have several faithful followers on our web site (www.premierprawn.com) as well as those who read our blog on a regular basis.

It dawned on me yesterday that there have to be a handful of you that must wonder if we are an actual company, a working company or exactly what the story is.

So here is who and what we are.  We are a legal entity.  We are Premier Rocky Mountain Prawns, LLC.  Registered in the state of Colorado.  We initially registered in November 2012.

Even before we registered I had started working on my business plan, researching, looking for ways to receive education  etc.. in the aquaculture field.  When I decided I was going to pursue shrimp farming as a business, I decided to register the name and trademark with Colorado.

Since then, with a small break for the holidays, I have been working with the Small Business Development Center here in Fort Collins, writing my business plan, re-writing my business plan and re-writing my business plan.  If you have never pursued starting a business, the whole re-writing a business plan may sound like I'm not quite sure which way is up.  If you have pursued a business, you know what I am talking about.  Re-writing a business plan before you go searching for money is not an uncommon thing to do.

In the meantime I created my website so that I can let people know what is happening and what is coming up.  Let's just say it is an informative site at the moment.

To date I have finally submitted our loan paperwork to the FSA (A USDA program) for them to review and hopefully find that I am suitable to gain their backing.  For lack of a better description it is kind of like an SBA program but for agriculture ventures.  I don't know if they would necessarily agree with that description, but it is a pretty simple way to put it.  They are the backers of agriculture loans. They don't necessarily provide the money.  So they are taking the risk out of the hands of the banks in a way.  So they are reviewing my package right now, and I am waiting to hear what else they need from me.  Once I get that information and get it back to them, then they will go from there.

Once we get approval that they feel the program is viable (notice I said "we get the approval", not if... we'll then find a bank and we'll be set to go.

In the meantime we will keep updating our blog and web site.

We are always looking for investors.  This is a very viable business.  If you or anyone else you know is possibly interested in investing, please let me know and I will be happy to meet with you and give you a run down.

In the meantime, please keep checking back in.

Scott Hays
premier_prawns@comcast.net

No comments:

Post a Comment